jueves, 23 de julio de 2009

Solca



I started my social work a month ago in Solca. I am in the area where the children’s are going to do chemotherapy. At first I observed the place, because is new. Is a room with small tables and chairs for kids, and have a lot of legos, puzzles, cars and others toys with which kids can play and have fun for a while.

That room is like the waiting room for kids. Because they come there, play, and then, they go to the room of chemotherapy.

I talked with the kids, I learned their names and I play with them. I saw that sometimes they play alone, so my friend and I decide to make them play in groups games like tingo tango in a circle, so they can all interact and make friends.

Most of the kids have between 4 and 10 years. They all have cancer and assist with their mothers (and with brothers and sisters) to the chemotherapy.

Was very nice go to Solca, because they need a lot of support, sometimes they don’t have hope, they don’t care anything, but if you help them with simple things like: talk, play, laugh. You can transmit that small things and change their way to see the life.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario