domingo, 12 de julio de 2009

Cognitive surplus



When I saw the video of Mr. Shirky talking about the cognitive surplus, I start thinking about when I was 15 or 16 years. I remember that I was the fan number one of tv. I used to watch all tv shows, that could exist. If I had seen this video before, I would thought twice about watching too much tv (I only talk about tv because I don’t read the newspaper or listen the radio). So I used a lot of my cognitive surplus, watching tv, like Americans. But nowadays I feel great because I never watch tv (actually, my tv is disconnect) :D although anyway I waste my time, sleeping A LOT, or doing things without importance.

I am a consumer that is becomes a producer. I have a blog that everybody can read and enrich with interesting ideas; I’m doing social action one day on the week and in that way I’m trying to do producing things on my free time. It’s not the big deal, but at least I’M DOING SOMETHING, as Shirky said.

1 comentario:

  1. Carolina - Exactly. Well put. What made you unplug your TV? I unplugged mine too in 2006 and I now only use it to watch movies.

    So, what did you learn that was new in this video, or did it mostly confirm ideas that you already had?

    ResponderEliminar